2010年8月27日星期五

Trevor Pryce weighs in on Shanahan-Haynesworth clash

OWINGS MILLS, Md.—Baltimore Ravens veteran defensive end Trevor Pryce(notes) knows what it’s like to be in Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth’s(notes) shoes.
The four-time Pro Bowl selection football jersey played nine seasons for Redskins coach Mike Shanahan when Shanahan was running the Denver Broncos, and he had his share of encounters with the taskmaster coach.
As a rookie, Pryce was late for several meetings and missed a team flight to Buffalo due to a snowstorm.
“I’ve played for Mike, and I know what his doghouse is like,” Pryce said. “Trust me, it’s no fun.”
Pryce said that Shanahan emphasizes high Jets jersey attendance in the offseason conditioning program.
If a player chooses to boycott workouts, as Haynesworth did, then Shanahan will get his retribution during training camp.
“I was in Denver, but I didn’t always show up because I was tired,” Pryce said. “It’s not like I was on a beach somewhere. I was in Denver at my house.”
What does Pryce foresee happening in the ongoing clash of wills between Shanahan and Haynesworth?
“I see two people that make a lot of Giants jersey money and are very headstrong,” Pryce said. “They’ll figure it out eventually. That’s what I see. It’s none of my business. Unless you talk to a player, you have no idea what his motivation is so I can’t speak for the guy.
“The guy plays hard and he plays well and he plays fast, when he turns it on. He turns it on most of the time. You can’t knock the guy’s talent or what the guy can do.”

没有评论:

发表评论